The Savvy Birth Pro Workshop (3 contact hours) was developed by Evidence Based Birth® to give professionals the skills you need to make a genuine difference and help your clients attain the best possible chance at evidence based care during pregnancy and labor.
After attending the 3-hour Savvy Birth Pro Workshop, you will walk away with confidence in your ability to help your clients assert their right to evidence based care in a respectful way that builds bridges, not walls. We believe that the inspirational knowledge you will gain from the Savvy Birth Pro Workshop will have a positive ripple effect that extends to your clients, the professionals you work with, and your community!
You’re no longer alone in the quest to help more families receive respectful, high quality maternity care! The Savvy Birth Pro Workshop does more than provide great skills; it creates a strong community of connected professionals who together share this important mission.
This Savvy Birth Pro Workshop is taught by Ruth Kraft CLD CCCE FOCEP EBB instructor, CAPPA Faculty trainer for Labor doula and Childbirth Education
- Define evidence-based care and discuss the difference between evidence-based care and routine care
- Discuss the safety of local birth setting options
- Demonstrate how birthing persons can talk with their providers about research evidence
- Discuss how partners, doulas, and nurses can work together to provide labor support
- Describe the benefits and limitations of birth plans
- Discuss the human and legal rights of birthing persons
Contact hours: By attending the workshop and completing an online evaluation, you will earn a certificate for 3 contact hours from Evidence Based Birth®, a continuing education provider for the Kentucky Board of Nursing # 7-0081. Nursing contact hours can be applied to most childbirth educator and doula certifications, as well as the Certified Professional Midwife credential.
Refund policy: Tickets are non-refundable, but may be transferred to future workshops or seminars.