The CAPPA Hospital Labor Doula Training
Ready to become more proficient when offering professional labor support as a hospital staff member? Take the first step towards becoming a Certified Hospital Labor Doula with CAPPA. This twelve hour workshop meets the first requirement of your CHLD program and prepares you to work through the steps for certification. This course is designed to provide a foundational skill base, knowledge, and perspectives on professional labor support for hospital staff, including hospital program doulas, labor and delivery nurses, and more, as well as providing training for those seeking certification as certified hospital labor doulas with CAPPA.
Offering 12 CAPPA Contact Hours. Nursing contact hours potentially available on request.
The CAPPA Hospital Labor Doula Training Class includes the CAPPA Hospital Labor Doula Manual, and covers the following topics:
certification and policies
- Practical application of Scope of Practice, ethics, and integrity
- Building bridges with medical/midwifery professionals
- Modeling and teaching positive communication and self-advocacy
- Support for every stage of labor and birth
- Hands on practice of proven comfort measures and labor support techniques
- Emotional support for labor and birth, as well as unexpected events
- Hospital procedures – risk/benefit as well as alternatives and support
- Cesarean and VBAC support
g initiation and support
- And much more!