Date(s) - 07/02/2022 - 07/03/2022
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Do you have a passion for Helping a new family in those first few months after their baby is born? Do you wish more mothers were able to get good practical support with their new baby? Do you find empowering parents to make the best choices for them and their family in those first few months appealing? Do you enjoy educating new parents ? Being a Postpartum Doula may be something you truly enjoy!! Come to this training and learn how to turn your passion for this trans formative part of life, into a career that can change not only your world but all the families you serve in such a positive way!
This 16 hour workshop will give you the basic tools you need to work in this wonderful profession.
We will cover :
– Ethics and scope of practice for the birth professional
– Common discomforts
– Danger signs
– Cover and discuss how to teach proven Comfort measures
– How to involve partners and support people effectively
– Discussing and understanding newborn care and infant behavior
– Breastfeeding basics
– Common challenges and how to work through them
– Marketing and business growth
– Biases and how to work with them
– How to understand the emotional side of postpartum and the impact our mental state can effect postpartum
– How to understand what new parents want
– The importance of teaching evidence based information
– Culture and how it can affect the pregnant families
– Challenging outcomes and birth trauma
– And SO much more! We always have a lot of fun and laughs in this engaging training!
Included in the cost are CEU’s, a certificate at the end of training, and materials.