Date(s) - 10/27/2019 - 10/28/2019
8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Do you have a passion for birth? Have you always been amazed at our body and the strength of women and what we can do? Do you find empowering parents to make the best choices for them to have a good birthing experience is appealing? Do you watch birth videos of anything is awe? You may love being a doula! Come to this training and learn how to turn your passion for this transformative part of life, into a career that can change not only your world but all the women you serve in such a positive way!
This 16 hour workshop will give you the basic tools you need to work in this wonderful profession.
We will cover :
- Ethics and scope of practice for the birth professional
- Effective Tools for your birth bag
- Rebozo use
- Cover and hands on practice of proven Comfort measures and positions
- How to involve partners and support people effectively
- Discussing and understanding labor progress
- Breastfeeding basics
- Common challenges and how to work through them
- Marketing and business growth
- Biases and how to work with them
- Understanding benefits and risks of interventions, medications, Cesarean and VBAC
- How to understand the emotional side of birth and the impact our mental state can effect labor and birth
- Challenging outcomes and birth trauma
- And SO much more! We always have a lot of fun and laughs in this engaging training!